Post subject: EMZ 1.40 Beta 2 Patch
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:23 pm 
Site Admin
I've created the second EMZ 1.40 beta build and have uploaded it to the new server:

Name: EMZ 1.40 Beta 2 - www.the-emz.com
IP: 31.132.1.60
Port: 27666
Slots: 10

I still need to stress that this is a public test of the new build, so any problems - I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THEM!

Enjoy
Simulation

This is a changelog for build 1.40.0081, which includes fixes for the following:

Everything from 1.40.0080 plus...

CHANGE: New scoreboard option

The scoreboard can now be made larger. The large version will be shown at the top of the screen and will "grow" down as players join. The small version will operate as before. If there are more than ten entries on the scoreboard the small version will always be shown.

Options for scoreboard control:

CVars for scoreboard control:

emz_cl_scoreboard_text_small
0 Use large scoreboard [This is the default setting]
1 Use small scoreboard

emz_cl_scoreboard_fly
0 Disable scoreboard animation [This is the default setting]
1 Enable scoreboard animation

CHANGE: New chat recording options

Player chat can now be recorded to a file called chat.log which will be saved in the 'emz' folder.

emz_cl_log_chat
0 Do not record chat on client [This is the default setting]
1 Record chat on client to chat.log

emz_sv_log_chat
0 Do not record chat on server [This is the default setting]
1 Record chat on server to chat.log

CHANGE: Cheat commands disabled
A server host can no longer use cheat controlled console commands when players are connected to the server. Also, the "god" command has been completely removed.

CHANGE: Added warning to console if downloads will fail
When running on Windows Vista or later the Doom 3 autodownload system will fail if running in UAC mode. The following warning has been added to the console to draw players attention to this fact.
Code:
UNABLE TO CREATE A TEMPORARY FILE. IF THE AUTODOWNLOAD 
FEATURE DOES NOT WORK YOU WILL NEED TO DISABLE UAC FROM
THE WINDOWS CONTROL PANEL.                             

BUG: Occasional crash on map change after vote
In "Tourney" mode there was sometimes a server crash after a "change map" vote was passed.

BUG: Listen server host starting in spectate
In "Tourney" mode a listen server host would be stuck in spectate mode when starting the server. When the first player joins the server would crash.

BUG: Occasional crash during download of large number of maps
If the list of PK4 file URLs required for a download exceeded 1024 characters in length the download would fail and sometimes crash the client. The crash no longer occurs but the download will be aborted; rejoining the server will continue to download the remaining files.

Note: There is still a bug in the download system that causes crashes. This might be a bug in the main Doom3.exe and not fixable in a mod but I'll continue to investigate this.

BUG: Fixed the "drop weapon" reload exploit
When you drop a weapon and pick it up immediately the clip was reloaded instantly. For example if the chaingun was showing 17/120 and you drop it and pick it up it will show 60/77 and you don't need to reload. This exploit to avoid reloading has been fixed.

A new server CVar has hbeen added to control weapon dropping:

emz_sv_drop_weapon
0 Weapon Drop Not Allowed
1 Drop With Ammo In Clip [This is the default setting]
2 Drop With All Ammo

0 completely turns of weapon dropping.
1 is like standard D3 except it fixes the exploit described above. If you drop a weapon with 17/120 it will have 17 in the clip.
2 drop the weapon with ALL its ammo. If you drop a weapon with 17/120 it will have 17 in the clip AND you will drop your 120 spare ammo too.

BUG: Cannot enter CD Keys
It was not possible to enter the Doom 3 / RoE CD Keys from within EMZ at the main menu.

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: EMZ 1.40 Beta 2 Patch
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:53 pm 
Awsome! Thanks a lot Sim's, will all keep an eye out and let you know if their's any more unknown bugs. I recently just tried the new updates, still experiencing similar problems before when I try and start my own server in Deathmatch mode, it auto boots me to the server window screen. Another thing I noticed is, when I exit of a server using the update date and when I click on EMZ, assuming it would return me the home screen it just completely exits out of the game. Other then that, thanks for all the hard work keeping Doom 3 EMZ alive! 1.40 is going to be OWNAGE!!!!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:00 pm 
Site Admin
I'm going to rework the menus a little to make exit clearer, but I'm more concerned with crashes and bugs for now. I plan to keep adding stuff I've had on hold over the next few months too :)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:12 pm 
Everything is looking nice. I'm using the old emz version atm so I can't confirm some of my questions.

Will the old scoreboard still be available? I don't mean to sound offensive haha, I enjoy it better than this one. Also, some of the text looks like it needs to be aliased.

Will you be able to support a wider range of screen resolutions? Right now I'm running a 1600x900 monitor, which isn't an option in doom 3 or emz. So just a question.

I also seem to be having a crash issue with the old version of emz when downloading content from a server. Like, I'll get 2-3MB into the download and the whole thing just freezes my computer.

---

Yeah, I'd just like to thank you for keeping this mod and website up. I used to play doom 3 around 5 years ago when I was 12, using this mod. Servers were much more active then, but this was the mod to use for multiplayer and still is. My only question is on linux support for running dedicated servers, since I don't seem to see any files for that. But I'll know once I run the patch for linux on my VPS.

edit: Found out how to run a server via linux. Ignore the above question.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:53 am 
Long time no see people! :D

Can not wait to test this out, just getting Doom 3 installed with latest patch then modding it on this Beta 2 Test ;)

My god feels good to be back!!!

See ya all in game, Doomy aka Doomkiller is back ;)

Adz.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:56 pm 
I found a issue with the new EMZ, when I press ESC in game it works but after a few times it stops working so I have to type disconnect in the console and when I do so it takes me back to the main menu but.. when I click on find server, settings etc nothing happens just makes a noise when you hit a button!

doomy.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:22 pm 
Site Admin
doomkiller wrote:
I found a issue with the new EMZ, when I press ESC in game it works but after a few times it stops working so I have to type disconnect in the console and when I do so it takes me back to the main menu but.. when I click on find server, settings etc nothing happens just makes a noise when you hit a button!

doomy.

Yes, the menu is still unfixed; it always had these problems. I'm going to look at the menu for beta 3 but I've been too busy with work to spend any time on EMZ for a few weeks.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:22 pm 
Site Admin
doomkiller wrote:

doomy.

Yes, the menu is still unfixed; it always had these problems. I'm going to look at the menu for beta 3 but I've been too busy with work to spend any time on EMZ for a few weeks.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:40 pm 
Hey there Sim's, having a little bit of problems trying to connect to your server, the maps that I can't seem to download are the following: q3maps.pk4 and lldm03.pk4 maps, after I download some of the maps it just says download failed. I was wondering if you can re-upload these maps please? Much appreciated :)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:36 pm 
Site Admin
stylin_dude wrote:
Hey there Sim's, having a little bit of problems trying to connect to your server, the maps that I can't seem to download are the following: q3maps.pk4 and lldm03.pk4 maps, after I download some of the maps it just says download failed. I was wondering if you can re-upload these maps please? Much appreciated :)

Try now. I'd put the PK4 file in the wrong folder!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 pm 
Sim is there a log file I need to create so emz records players alias and what not im using the beta 2 patch .

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 pm 
Site Admin
Bize {EWZ} wrote:
Sim is there a log file I need to create so emz records players alias and what not im using the beta 2 patch .

Should be recording that stuff automatically. Windows or Linux?
Look for files callled userlist1.emz, userlist2.emz and userlist.idx in your emz folder.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:25 pm 
I got it sim ,New problem setting password to server then attempting to join afterwards results in emz server configuration error ?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:03 pm 
Site Admin
Bize {EWZ} wrote:
I got it sim ,New problem setting password to server then attempting to join afterwards results in emz server configuration error ?

You need to set both of these:

seta si_usePass "0" // Set to 1 if clients require a password.
seta g_password "" // client password required if si_usePass 1

If you do this via remote console you'll also have to use the rescanSI command to make it take effect immediately

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:01 pm 
Glad I stopped by today, it's been awhile! (Quebus from PlanetQuake / PlanetDoom) :)

I had no idea this was still under active development.

I maintain a couple EMZ servers so if I can help out at all with the testing, let me know.

Profile  Offline