Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: EMZ 1.40 Beta 1 Patch
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm 
Site Admin
I've created the first EMZ 1.40 beta build and have uploaded it to a new server:

Name: EMZ 1.40 Beta 1 - www.the-emz.com
IP: 31.132.1.60
Port: 27666
Slots: 10

If you can't see it, IP connect should work.

We had one crash during the first tests when a map change vote to Phrantic 2 was passed. Other than that it has been stable.

Again, I need to stress that this is the first public test of the new build, so any problems - I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THEM!

Enjoy
Simulation

This is a rough changelog for build 1.40.0080, which includes fixes for the following:

BUG: Admin Screen Hang
Local PC hangs after banning a player who is in the game.

BUG: Stuck In Spectate
When connecting to an empty Tourney server the player is stuck in spectate mode until someone else joins the server.

The "waiting in line" processing has been improved and should now reflect the actual player order.
A player joining the server, going to spectate or losing a game will always be placed at the back of the queue.
Note: When a map change occurs the message may be displayed incorrectly, but the correct order is maintained.

BUG: Download Progress Screen
When PK4 files are downloading the GUI does not remove the Yes/No buttons and replace them with Cancel.

BUG: Weapon Icon on HUD
When spectating using the classic D3 hud, the wrong weapon icon is displayed when switching between players.

BUG: Chaingun Sound Bug
Sometimes the chaingun sound can still be heard long after the player who was using it has moved elsewhere in the map.

BUG: Custom Maps Crash EMZ
Certain maps Campgrounds (DM6) and House of Pain (q3maps) will not run on EMZ.

BUG: Steam Clients as Cheat Suspects
Players using the Steam version of Doom 3 are incorrectly detected as cheat suspects.

** ADMINS WILL HAVE TO MANUALLY CLEAR OUT THE SUSPECT FLAG FOR PLAYERS ALREADY DETECTED BY 1.31 **

BUG: Font Problem
The { and } characters are reversed when displayed on the scoreboard.

BUG: Free Fly Spectate
Free fly spectators often get held up at doors because they don't hit the "correct" side to pass through.

As well as this, it is now possible for free fly spectators to pass though breakable glass.

BUG: Grenade Model Bug
If you launch a grenage right before the game timelimit is hit, then on respawn the grande model persists right in front of the player.

BUG: Spectator / Voting Exploits
Various bugs and exploits have been cleared up:

Don't discount spectators from the count of valid voters unless a game is in progress.
Don't allow spectators to cast a vote during sudden death / countdown.
Don't allow spectators to call a vote during countdown.
Don't allow players who just joined to cast a vote.
Reset the vote status in the menu when you leave a server during a vote then rejoin.
Cancel the active vote if the caller disconnects.

BUG: Accuracy Stats Display
They were not working at all.

This has been completely replaced by the "statsboard" from the original EMZ which only shows the stats of the player you're viewing. To see the statsboard you will have to bind a new key from the Settings / Other Binds menu page.

If you want to see the stats for all players, they are still dumped to the console at the end of each game.

BUG: A listen server does not correctly display weapon GUIs
The ammo on the plasma, chaingun etc is not displayed.

CHANGE: Message of the Day Enhancement
In addition to {name} and {br}, all "ServerInfo" CVars can now be used on MOTD messages.

For example:
set emz_sv_motd_old "^2Welcome back ^0{name}^0!{br}This server is playing {si_gameType}!"

CHANGE: Mapload Sound
Add the maploading sound effect from EMZ 2.0, with a CVar to control it:

set emz_cl_mapload_sound 0
or
set emz_cl_mapload_sound 1

CHANGE: New Theme
The loading screens, scoreboard, statsboard, menu and dialog boxes have adopted the new 'green' EMZ theme.

The scoreboard now automatically resizes depending on how many players are on the server.

CHANGE: Various
Change default for emz_cl_hud_chat_y so that it does not overlap spectate messages.
Only show the clan priority message when playing Tourney.
Removed Amarillo shotgun death message.

CHANGE: OSX and Linux Build Environment Upgrades
Linux build update to gcc++-4.7
OSX build update to xcode 4.6

The OSX version of EMZ now requires an Intel CPU and OS X 10.6.8 or higher, as per Doom 3 1.3.1 in the AppStore.

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: EMZ 1.40 Beta 1 Patch
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:33 pm 
hi, i was today on the server and it worked good, lets see what the time brings.
great job

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:42 pm 
Site Admin
GoD::Com4nd3r wrote:
hi, i was today on the server and it worked good, lets see what the time brings.
great job

Thanks. This is just Beta 1 - I'll be adding and fixing more stuff over the coming weeks :)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:00 am 
Simon, looks VERY impressive, and very glad you picked up development again. :)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:21 am 
Site Admin
eXg. Pun1sher wrote:
Simon, looks VERY impressive, and very glad you picked up development again. :)

Thanks Pun. It's been quite interesting looking into some of these bugs; I never knew about many of them until Phoenix pointed them out; some of them are from stock Doom 3 so they're even more interesting to fix!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:07 pm 
Nice job on the new updates! I found two issues so far that I'd figured I'd get addressed a.s.a.p such as, when I try and start a personal server for myself, when I click on start it just returns me to the server map page. The second issue would be, when I pull up the cd key window for emz 1.40, unable to enter in my cd key as cd key box is missing. Other then that, nice improvements so far!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:41 pm 
Site Admin
stylin_dude wrote:
Nice job on the new updates! I found two issues so far that I'd figured I'd get addressed a.s.a.p such as, when I try and start a personal server for myself, when I click on start it just returns me to the server map page. The second issue would be, when I pull up the cd key window for emz 1.40, unable to enter in my cd key as cd key box is missing. Other then that, nice improvements so far!

Thanks for the info. I have the cd key thing on my list already, I'll look at what might be stopping you running a server. Does it say anything in the console? If you do get one running be aware that in tourney mode you'll be stuck in spectate and it will crash if someone joins.

Profile  Offline

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]